Tuesday 4 June 2013

Weekend Round Up

The first four classics are over now but it seems that the UK season has only just started to get into full swing.
The introduction of all year round flat racing with the all weather now a constant has disrupted the pattern and I think it makes the early part of the traditional (turf) season much more erratic.
My memory may be playing tricks on me but 20 years ago at this point in the season I'd generally have pretty clearly defined opinions about the classic crop of 3-y-olds and their relative pecking order.Now it takes longer into the season for a clearer picture to emerge.
Nothing stays the same I know and I'm not saying things are better or worse but I don't think the Pattern race schedule is working quite as well as it used to.
That said I couldn't knock Ruler Of The World and doubt any that finished behind him are likely to end up being rated superior with exception of Dawn Approach.What an anti climax his effort was with his chances almost zero after the first furlong.Maybe he needs a break.
This blog and it's author is due a change of luck.Had Smoothtalkinrascal not received a side on swipe leaving the stalls he surely would have landed the money on Saturday.I couldn't believe that he was 20.0 plus on Betfair early on and he joins a long list this year of juicily priced horses who have gone down narrowly or unluckily when I've been on.
I was very confident about Renew so it was total frustration when he played up in the stalls and was scratched at the start.
Last night I tweeted through Tropics who got out to 4.7 on Betfair before being backed into 3.6.Traded very short on Betfair after looking home but run down in the shadow of the post-arghhh!
Nothing appeals today so I'll be resting up.
Back tomorrow fighting fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment