Friday 21 June 2013

Royal Ascot Day Four

The Ascot course was given 4mm of irrigation overnight but with no rain in sight expect rattling fast ground again today.Good to Firm posted this morning.


Albany Stakes

Sandiva's Naas win in a Listed event sets the standard form wise and she very hard to knock.She's probably already run to level sufficient to win an average renewal of this race.3.50 is fair enough and I wouldn't put anyone off backing her.Joyeuse is a half sister to Frankel and did look very good winning on debut-she has to improve a bit to win this but whilst I can't back her at 5.0 I don't really want to oppose her either.There are another handful of potential improvers here too.Technically I ought to be with Sandiva but I'm not betting here.


King Edward VII Stakes

Battle Of Marengo's Derby fourth is clearly the best form on offer.He's on offer at around 1.85 and whilst I think that's too short I don't have a strong case to make for anything to beat him.He's tough to beat but I think he should be a shade into black figures here.


Coronation Stakes

This is run on the Old Mile round a bend. The Guineas winners Sky Lantern and Just the Judge both cop wide gates here and although they run straight for 5 furlongs until the home straight the are at a  disadvantage beginning from out there.Undoubtedly they have the best form but with the awkward gates the race looks very open.I liked what I saw when Pavlosk won at York but more is needed here.
Big Break has very little to find to be a live chance but she is a big risk on fast ground.Viztoria is a chance if she can run out the mile.It's tricky and trappy and I won't be betting here.


Wolferton Handicap

Albasharah is an unbeaten improving 4-y-o filly and she heads the market here at 6.0.She ran away with a Doncaster handicap last time but has gone up a staggering 16lb's.This race has driven me nuts and now I wish I had canned it straight away.I've spent around 2 hours on it trying to find an angle and have absolutely no more idea than when I began.Pass.


Queen's Vase

Leading Light has the best form and is progressive.He does cop a 3lb penalty here though and I'm not entirely convinced that he will stay 2 miles.He's hard to beat and the 3.30 on offer on Betfair is tempting but the stamina doubt is strong enough to stop me betting.Disclaimer is improving and whilst his Dam was a winner over 14 furlongs the trip concerns me for him too.I can't make my mind up about Nichols Canyon he's either a good horse waiting to happen or an underachiever.Dashing star has a bit to find but does look a genuine stayer.No Bet


Buckingham Palace Stakes

Enrol is favourite at 7.0 and is a live hope but a tad short I think.I'm not sure a strong 7 furlongs is what she needs.Emilio Largo is lightly raced and his comeback run over 6 furlongs here was full of merit.The extra furlong is ideal.He's favourite on my figures at 8.0 just ahead of Dream Tune on 9.0 who ran a huge race over course and distance in the Victoria Cup last month when stuck out alone on the far side and tracked across late to be a live hope at the furlong marker.He has the stands rail draw in 30 today and will run a big race.Baccarat still has the potential to be a good horse-he's 24.0 on Betfair against my rating of 15.0.

Advised Bets:   Emilio Largo  0.65 units at 9.0 or better- I've taken the 11.50 on offer
                          Dream Tune    0.55 units at 10.0 or better -I've taken the 15.0 on offer
                          Baccarat          0.33 units at 16.0 or better- I've taken 23.5 on Betfair but it's easy at the moment-so monitor-maybe a negative I'm unaware of.


There are a couple that I'm looking at up at Redcar this afternoon-anything on them later will go out via Twitter              

No comments:

Post a Comment