Tuesday 11 December 2012

Caulfield and Canterbury Today

Caulfield is posted a Dead 4 but expect a Good 3.I can't advise anything here today from early markets-it's looks very trappy.I thought Aliyana in Race 3 looked overs at 4.40 earlier but that has gone now and the lack of pace in this race worries me so I'm staying out.

Canterbury is a Good 3 and even with a few showers about I doubt it will affect that reading.
Another very tricky card to deal with.

Race 2  I thought Pipette looked reluctant last time so maybe the blinkers will work today.She has Rawiller replacing the claimer so she'll get plenty of encouragement from the saddle.Can't back her though at 1.95 but don't really want to oppose either.Retort Courteous is the very obvious alternative.

Race 6  Soros heads the market at around 2.80.He's better with some juice in the ground and he's dropping back in trip so he looks vulnerable to me.King's Dominion is second choice around 3.20 and this race is his for the taking but I think he's become ungenuine.He'll get his own way out in front but he's looked very suss at the business end to me.Both of these are genuine Saturday class horses taking on provincial types but both have strong negatives attached.I haven't decided on a strategy here yet.

Race 7  I've taken the 5.0 about Brannickers here.She has shortened with a few of the bookies but 5.0 is still available if you shop around.I have her at 4.0 here.She probably should have won at Scone last time and the winner there has run ok in town.She's got plenty of scope to do better and this is not a strong race.She's a 3-y-o filly taking on mares so that is a concern but I'm happy to play at these odds.


Advised bets

Canterbury  Race 7    Brannickers  1.25 units to win @ 4.20 or better  (take the 5.0 available now)

No comments:

Post a Comment