Sunday 4 August 2013

Sunday's UK Racing plus Deauville-Update follows later

Chester and Newbury plus the G1 Prix Maurice de Gheest at Deaville.
Newbury is Good and a dry day forecast so decent ground there.When I started doing the form for Chester overnight rain there looked very likely but it hasn't happened.So the going report is Good but with showers forecast.Looking at the radar the rain is due there just before the start of racing and it looks like a wet afternoon in prospect.I quite fancied my chances there if the ground was genuinely wet but now I want to see how the weather pans out.
The Racing Post has Deauville as Good but the Paris Turf has it Good to Soft but with  a dry warm day forecast it will probably be Good by the time the G1 is run.Track conditions are crucial here today so I'll wait until the first couple of races have been run to make an assessment.

Deauville

Race 4
Lethal Force is advantaged by fast ground and Moonlight Cloud is advantaged by soft ground so I want to be sure it's pretty dry before backing Lethal Force.If it's dry I think he'll win but moisture in the ground will blunt his speed.I'll update the blog around 13.30 UK time and there should be more of an idea about the weather at Chester by then as there are real possibilities there if it's wet.


Newbury

Race 1
Amateurs race.This Samoan looks like a plan to me here.3 maiden runs never placed to challenge but a running on third last time.Gets a very lenient mark of 69.Brother to Oaks winner Dancing Rain and blinkers on first time.Owned by the Sangster family and ridden by Mr. O.R.J. Sangster claiming 7lb.This a very moderate race and if it's got any ability surely it'll beat these.It's drawn 1 and will settle back but there is plenty of speed upfront so it will get every chance to run on.

Advised Bet: Samoan 1.65 units at 3.25 or better-take the 5.0 now for 50% and monitor on Betfair with the balance


Race 4
Three improving fillies here in Songbird,Kikonga and Seal Of Approval.The market has Songbird favourite around 2.30 which looks a very short quote to me.I have very little between the three on my figures so I'm happy to back the other two and hope I can get Songbird beaten

Advised Bets: Kikonga                  1.30 units at 4.20 or better-take the 6.50 for 70% and monitor on
                                                        Betfair with the balance.
                        Seal Of Approval   1.30 units at 4.20 or better-monitor on Betfair

No comments:

Post a Comment