Saturday 3 August 2013

Goodwood-Day Five

Six UK flat meetings today.Four this afternoon and two this evening.With the exception of Hamilton  all post Good or Good to Firm and drying conditions should produce good fast summer ground.Hamilton will probably be rain affected so will need monitoring.
I'll take on four races today in the blog and there are a couple more that are possibilities after I've monitored the weather and track conditions.Any further bets sent via Twitter.

Goodwood

Race 1
I'll stick with Picture Dealer of the same mark as last weeks cosy York win.I've got him 6.50 in a very open market and 8.0 is available which I think will go fast.

Advised Bet: Picture Dealer 0.80 units at 7.0 or better-take the 8.0 on offer now 


Race 4
Again I'll stick with last weeks York scorer Tropics who is improving with each race.I also want the 3-y-o Ninjango on my side too as the fast pace here is tailor made for him to reproduce his Ascot Listed win earlier in the season.I have Tropics at 8.50 and Ninjango at 10.0

Advised Bets:  Tropics     0.60 units at 9.0 or better-monitor on Betfair
                         Ninjango  0.50 units at 10.50 or better-monitor on Betfair

Race 7
Two against the field here.Holley Shiftwell is progressing very nicely and she is a point over my figures at the 5.0 on offer.Extrasolar has had a freshen since his good win here a month ago.He drops back a furlong  but the strong pace will suit him and he's a live player here.My rating is 5.50

Advised Bets:  Holley Shiftwell    1.25 units at 4.20 or better-take the 5.0 on offer for 70% of the stake and monitor on Betfair with the balance
                         Extrasolar              0.90 units at 5.70 or better-monitor on Betfair


Doncaster

Race 4
All weather Wolverhampton maiden winners straight into competitive class 3 handicaps are not usually my style but I'll make an exception for the well related Winterlude.This one is potentially quite smart and the slight rise in trip is a plus.5.0 on my figures

Advised Bet: Winterlude  1 unit at 5.50 or better-monitor on Betfair currently around 6.50


 

No comments:

Post a Comment