Friday 30 August 2013

Memsie Stakes Day at Caulfield & Rosehill

G 1 action returns to Australian racing today with the Memsie Stakes at Caulfield.Some of Australia's best horses on show today but as last week plenty are kicking off their  Spring campaigns and fitness and distance are issues for many.
Caulfield is posted a Dead 5 down from a Dead 4 yesterday but it's fine and should get back to the Dead 4 I would think.Rosehill is a Good 3 and drying.
At this stage there is nothing early at Rosehill but there are a couple of possibilities there and I'll send them by Twitter if I decide to play.
Caulfield is tough and I'm not interested in playing at short quotes so the bets are value but generally a bit speculative.

Caulfield
Race 2
Serene Star is very well suited at the weights here.She has some promising types against here and in truth her form has plateaued.Still there going to have to improve a fair few spots to overcome her and her last run was very good when she was in front far too soon.I have her at 7.0 here and 11.0  is available with Bet 365 and she's 13.0 for small money on Betfair

Advised Bet: Serene Star 0.70 units at 8.0 or better-monitor on Betfair


Race 3
Oriental Ruby ran very well resuming.She was steadily progressive last year.She does get back from her widish gate but there looks to be a fair pace here so I'm hoping she can run on.The claim for young Maloney is the big plus here-he's riding in hot form at the moment4.80 is the best quote and currently 5.20 on Betfair against my rating of 4.20

Advised Bet: Oriental Ruby 1.20 units at 4.40 or better-monitor on Betfair


Race 5
Strawberry Boy heads the market at 2.30.I think that's a bit thin although I'll concede he's still not fully exposed.Under The Eiffel is around 15 spots better of with him (I'm including Maloneys claim) for  being beaten less that 2 lengths when they met in May.I'd rather be with him at 14.0 against my rating of 9.0

Advised Bet: Under The Eiffel 0.55 units at 10.0 or better-take the 14.0 for 50% of the stake and monitor on Betfair with the balance.

Race 7
Pakal was impressive winning on his Australian debut.I'm not entirely convinced about that race though and he loses the 3kg claim here and rises 6 spots so effectively he's up 12.Many of these need further.Two I like are Peligrano who's versatile across a range of trips,progressive and was a real eyecatcher resuming and my old mate The Cleaner who was given a very forgettable ride last time.
I rate these two 5.50 and 8.0 respectively against 6.50 and 11.0 (in places)

Advised Bets:   Peligrano           0.90 at 5.80 or better-take the 6.50 for  50% amd monitor on Betfair with the  balance
                         The Cleaner       0.60 units at 8.50 or better-monitor on Betfair

No comments:

Post a Comment