Sunday 17 February 2013

Twitter & Email links plus the Weekend Round Up

I've added a Twitter and Email link to the blog today.If you submit your email address you'll automatically get all the blogs sent direct to your inbox.I'll be using twitter from now on to update late thoughts on market fluctuations,track bias and lots of late mail that I don't necessarily put in the blogs for a whole variety of reasons.Obviously during the course of a week I have a lot more plays than the selections that find their way into the blog.Most days midweek there are no early prices to compare to my "tissue" so until the market is formed I have little idea where the value is.If you follow me on Twitter I promise not to bombard you with tweets about nonsense -I'll be sticking to where I think there is value and opportunity.Some days you'll hear nothing and others plenty.
Last Friday evening's blog was a perfect example of where Twitter would have helped.I noted in the blog that I was very keen on the chance of Xavi but didn't list him as an advised bet because he'd begun to drift in early markets and I was a tad worried that the drift might have indicated a slight lack of fitness.That early drift was quickly reversed and he was very solid afterwards.I backed him at 3.70 against a rated price of 3.25 and said in the blog I would back him if the market didn't speak emphatically against him but a tweet would have confirmed definitely what my position was.If your following the blog I hope you were on.I can't include him in the advised bets unfortunately so officially the blog is still a bit behind this month although last week was a winning one despite not including Xavi's win in the results.
Three of this months selections have been very unlucky seconds (Magnolia Lane advised at 11.0 missed the start badly and went down narrowly,Compass advised at 6.0 was held up on the fence and just failed to get up and yesterday Carry Me Bluey 7.0+ was posted wide throughout and ran out of gas after leading inside the last 150m-truly an atrocious ride by young Clipperton but then they don't get the the apprentices claim for nothing).The luck will even out over time but it's been a bit frustrating of late.Thankfully the enigmatic Riva De Lago did the business yesterday to provide a modest profit on the day.Sorry about the advice to take the 7.0 (he traded around 9.50/10.0 on Betfair at one stage) but  the Sydney market took a set against him.

No comments:

Post a Comment