Thursday 7 February 2013

Moonee Valley & Canterbury Tonight

Moonee Valley and Canterbury tonight.Warm/ hot weather at both locations so expect fast Summer ground
I found the Canterbury meeting very uninspiring and I have no suggestions there.
Moonee Valley is a little bit better but I've only found one race which interests me early doors.

Moonee Valley

Race 5
Shamal Wind created a big impression when quickening away from a decent field of fillies at the Flemington Carnival.She resumes here tonight over 955m.On official ratings she has upwards of 6 points in hand of this field.She is a very promising filly but I'd be surprised if she was fully wound up tonight and giving a bit of weight to older mares around Moonee Valley (both her wins have been at  galloping tracks Ballarat and Flemington) there is a chance she may be vulnerable.The early quote of 1.30 is a lot different to my figures.Here's my 'tissue" for this race

Shamal Wind             1.77
Lady Antibellum       4.30
Zippa The Rippa        8.0
Chinzia                     26.0
Arrogant Cat             41.0
Gold Dust                 51.0

note:I missed out Chinzia initially and have updated once I realized my mistake-apologies!

Lady Antebellum is a good Moonee Valley performer.She's had a little freshen up and that has worked before with this mare.A.Forbes who claims 3kg's has won on her here earlier this season.She's not a difficult ride as she always gets back and finishes off hard.These 955m sprints here are usually frantic affairs with a new car the prize for the fastest time in the series so she should get a chance to round them up late.Shamal Wind could simply be a different grade to these but at 1.30 is very easy to oppose.


Advised Bets

Moonee Valley  Race 5    Lady Antebellum  1.20 units to win at 4.50 or better (have 50% at the 5.00 that is currently available and monitor Betfair for a bit better with the other 50%

No comments:

Post a Comment