Friday 8 November 2013

Flemington Carnival-Final Day Part One

I've had no internet for 3 hours this morning so I'm a bit behind with everything.I'll do the blog in two parts today.Part two covering later races will be upafter race 3 at Flemington and I'll include anything for Randwick in that part.
Flemington is a Dead 4 and there is rain around.Doubt there will be an upgrade and if enough rain hits the track it could be a Dead 5 at some stage.That would alter my thinking on a few runners here today so monitoring conditions is vital.

Race 1
No opinion

Race 2
This is a tight race although I think that the market is right having Sysmo,Proverb and Electric fusion at the head of things.No strong opinion here

Race 3
Sharalan is hard to oppose after an eye catching run last time.2.50 is what I have him rated here and that's around the general quote.I'm not that keen backing get back horses at short odds unless I no there is definitely plenty of speed on up front.No such guarantees here.Pass

Race 4
Barbed in fully entitled to be favourite here but I found this a most difficult race to price up with any confidence.I'm not getting involved here.

Race 5
Lake Sententia is a worthy favourite after a big run when very wide at Moonee Valley last time.The step up in trip will suit and she'll be around the money granted even luck in running.I had her at 4.20 here so the 3.80 on offer doesn't tempt me although if it were a Dead 5 then I'd probably promote her a bit.Zonza on dry ground would be my bet here but I'm not playing if it gets any wetter

Race 6
Thought this was a bit more open than the market suggest.Lucky Nine only has form really on dry although it was officially Dead 4 when he ran second to Buffering at the Valley.Moment Of Change was held up behind both of them there and would have given both plenty to think about if he'd have got a good crack at them ditto Rebel Dane.I think it should be 5.0/5.50 the field here.I'm monitoring the track here before committing

Back with the rest later   

No comments:

Post a Comment