Sunday 6 July 2014

Last Weeks Round Up & The Week Ahead

An up and down week and finished behind a bit but it could have been worse.
I've been a bit out of whack the last few weeks with domestic issues getting in the way and putting me off my game.
Without going in to too much detail it's not generally a good idea to take back your ex. She left Thursday and I think finally I've learned my lesson.
Hopefully I'll be back to normal sooner rather than later.

Here are the figures for last week:-

UK no bets in the blog and just one sent via Twitter for a loss of 1 unit

Australia

Bets advised in the blog - bets advised in 5 races -no winners

Stakes      5.60
LOSS       5.60 units

Bets advised by Twitter - bets advised in 8 races - 2 winners

Stakes    10.05
Profit       3.45 units

Australia for the week  2.15 units LOSS

Overall for the week     3.15 units  LOSS 

Yesterday's Eclipse at Sandown was a wholly unsatisfactory affair with the winner Mukhadram getting away with a very soft lead and the market leaders were never placed to mount an effective challenge. The winner is a good tough consistent horse but he's unlikely to find things falling his way so easily in future. I dithered over backing Night Of Thunder and finally did but he clearly didn't stay.
The two weeks after Royal Ascot are very thin in the UK.Yesterday was OK but I struggled to find more than a handful of races that might have been of betting interest.

The next newsletter will be on Wednesday but there is no midweek meeting in Melbourne this week just provincial at Bendigo, Canterbury in Sydney and there maybe something at the Grafton Carnival.
Newmarket's July Meeting starts on Thursday and I'll cover that in full with a separate newsletter for each day and a full preview of Melbourne and Sydney on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment