Friday 11 July 2014

Flemington & Randwick Today - July Newsletter #8

Flemington posts a Slow 6 but there is rain around and more likely so it will any change will be for the worse-monitor.
Randwick is a Good 3 and it's fine in Sydney so expect good fast ground.
I found Randwick quite trappy although I did look at a couple but they are a bit tight price wise so I haven't done anything there yet and will need things to open up a little for me to get involved.

Flemington

Race 2
Dig A Pony has a wide gate and will probably have to go back in a race with little obvious pace.She's in great form and likes the wet but if she's standing them it decent start it's going to be a big mountain to climb. I don't want to oppose here but she's very skinny around 3.0

Race 3
Markmanship did me a favour last week and he's a promising horse. He's up 9 points for that win and critically up another 600m. He's by Galileo so that's a big help but the distaff side of the pedigree doesn't shout stayer. I understand the logic in trying to find out if he'll stay with Spring around the corner but I'm not backing him over this trip until he's proved he can run it. Sacred Flyer was easy to back and never really going last time-internal bleed reported! If you can forgive that effort he has plenty going for him here and I prefer him to stablemate Mulaqen. Zuma Roc and Crafty Cruiser are other possibilities. May back Sacred Flyer but not yet committed.

Race 4
This looks Vain Queens race. I hoped they might bet "black" figures about her buts she around 1.75 and that's about right.

Race 5
I thought Refulgent was very good last time and he's a worthy favourite despite the wide gate. I think he's at the limit of his stamina here though so on wet ground and particularly if they run along here he may be vulnerable in the last furlong. He's too short at 2.50 for me. Best Suggestion was poor last week and if I hadn't seen that run (and lost on him) I'd be very keen on him provided he can run 1600m. Probably passing here.

Race 6
I've been tracking Henwood as he prepared for this but resisted betting early (emergencies coming out/uncertain weather etc.) and the odds have collasped. He's on top but 4.20 is  a bit skinny now.Hasn't won over 1600m yet either. Plenty of hopes here. The Cleaner despite the wide gate and the weight is getting better and tougher if anything. Fast and Free is improving,ditto Akavoroun and Tried And Tired.Ringo is in the mix too
Not committed yet-monitoring

Race 7
Miss Promiscuity is well in here. She's a 3-y-old filly resuming and an on pacer which have me a little wary but provided she is fit she should win this.Assuming she's ready to go I have her at 3.0 here.
Longchamp Belle and Street Allure are viable alternatives away from the favourite

Advised Bet: Miss Promiscuity 1.65 units at 3.20 or better-take the 4.40 on offer now for 50% of the stake and monitor the market with the balance.


Any further Bets/Updates sent via Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment