Friday 13 June 2014

Flemington & Rosehill Today

Flemington is a Slow 6 downgraded from a Dead 5 this morning and more rain is likely. Rosehill is a Slow 6 and there are intermittent showers possible.
I've had a very quiet week and that's quite usual for me when I'm out of form. It's maybe not the most logical of approaches but at least you get a chance to gather your wits and realign a bit.
It's Royal Ascot next week and that's my favourite weeks racing of the year so I want to be fully prepared are ready for a huge week.
The card at Rosehill I found very difficult with only races 1 and 8 having any kind of shape to them.
I don't bet on 2-y-o's generally so Race 1 is a nono.
Race 8 is all about Excess Knowledge who's thrown in here on his UK form.His Australian debut was a real eyecatcher. The query is the ground. He won a trial last month on Heavy but when he disappointed in the St Leger at Doncaster in September (well backed 6.50 chance) the Good to Soft track was given as the reason for his poor effort.That would put me off taking a short quote but if he gets through the ground he'll be very tough to beat.
Flemington's card is pretty lacklustre too and it's going to be a deteriorating track as well.
In Race 4 Sacred Flyer looks hard to beat but having backed him around 14.0 last time when he finished second I'm not keen to play around 2.10 today.
In Race 6 Henwood is very obvious but he's 6 weeks between runs and the final of this series will surely be his main target.Will he be fully raring to go today? Has been a bit too generously priced in the market so I'd be very wary.
In Race 8 Tax Evader will be suited by the extra 100m and is clearly the one to beat. 58.5 kg's on the wet with the handful of credible alternatives all sitting on the minimum and a tricky gate means I'll be staying out.

Sorry but I don't like the day and there is nothing positive I can give you .


No comments:

Post a Comment