Saturday 28 June 2014

Derby Day at The Curragh,Plate Day at Newcastle plus Windsor, Chester & Newmarket

A very good day in Australia with 1 from 2 in the blog and 2 from 3 sent via twitter with the winners at 9.0, 8.0 and 4.40.
It's been a very quiet week up until today and it was planned to use the week to catch up on some outstanding things and generally have a bit of a 'freshen up" after Royal Ascot.
Normally I'm looking in depth at the UK Saturday cards on Thursday and it's just a bit of fine tuning needed to finalize the form on Saturday itself. That hasn't happened this week due to me being busy with other things so I won't be doing much today at all.
The Irish Derby is Australia's to lose and with decent ground expected he ought to be winning but he's unlikely to be a betting proposition either today or in the future.
The Northumberland Plate has been a nightmare for me over the years and I don't ever remember backing the winner. Something would have to have outstanding credentials to tempt me in this race and nothing has this year.
It's a very difficult day and there is only one horse that interests me today:

Windsor

Race 5
Rain is forecast so I expect the current Good To Firm to freshen up to Good at least and probably a tad softer than that. Ashpan Sam is very progressive and I fancy him to follow up his Epsom win on Derby day. He's very speedy and should lead this field comfortably.Richard Hughes does the steering and he'll be hard to beat.

Advised Bet: Ashpan Sam 1.50 units at 3.40 or better-4.0 is available with a few bookies and that's good value

No comments:

Post a Comment