Thursday 21 August 2014

York Ebor Festival - Day Two

Light rain overnight amounted to very little and the going at York is Good to Firm, Good in places. The weather forecast suggest any rain will come after racing so expect fast Summer ground.

Race 1
Team Hannon have an exemplary record in these valuable "Sales " races and Kool Kompany is the one to beat here despite the 7lb penalty. On figures Fast Act should have just as good if not a better chance getting 7lb but he's a real risk over this extra furlong and I strongly favour Kool Kompany.
Valley Of fire looked potentially more than useful when winning here on debut and I think he's a very live hope here. May do something here but not committed yet.

Race 2
I don't have many bets in 2-y-old races hence my dithering over the previous race but I have no reservations at all here. This is very good race with three really promising fillies. I backed Anthem Alexander at Royal Ascot when she beat Tiggy Wiggy and I thought she had a bit more in hand than the narrow margin that day. Cursory Glance won well at Royal Ascot too and both her and Anthem Alexander have been off the track since then. Meanwhile Tiggy Wiggy has run away with a valueable "Sales" race at Newbury. That was a devastating performance backed up by the clock and way ahead of her Ascot effort.  The slight doubt about her being quite as brilliant at 6 furlongs as at 5 is the only thing that stops me having her at odds on here. She should stay 6 furlongs OK but there is a possibility she will not be quite as good.

Advised Bet: Tiggy Wiggy  2.10 units at 2.55 or better-take the 2.90 on offer now

Other bets unlikely today but I'll update on Twitter during racing

No comments:

Post a Comment