Saturday 23 August 2014

York Ebor Festival - Day Four

The going at York is Good, Good to Firm in places. Dry day ahead initially then some showers mid afternoon. expect the ground to be generally Good to Firm by the time racing starts and after that it'll depend if and when the rain comes and how heavy it is.
There is plenty happening today so the blog has to be brief as I'm pushed for time.

Race 4   Ebor Handicap
My record in this race overall is poor. It's been a difficult race to be confident about in recent years and my general inclination would be to give it a miss but I was so impressed by Pallasator last time that despite him having to overcome the widest draw and being burdened with being favourite I think at around 5.0 there is still some value in him. He's the best horse here and he still got more to offer.
I have him at 3.80 so have no problem playing at 5.0. I did get some 5.50 but they won't let me on for much these days.

Advised Bet: Pallasator 1.30 units at 4.0 or better-take the 5.0 now for 60% of the stake and monitor on Betfair with the balance.

There will be more today and Bets/Updates sent via Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment