Friday 22 August 2014

York Ebor Festival -- Day Three

After some overnight rain the going at York is Good. A dry day is forecast and I expect it'll be racing around the Good to Firm rating pretty quickly into the afternoon.

Race 2
Cavalryman has rediscovered his zest for racing this year. All his runs this year have been good and all are above the usual standard required to win this G2 contest. Estimate has to bounce back from a poor effort last time and if she returns to her best then she will be very hard to beat although she may be ideally suited by a longer trip. The Weld trained Pale Mimosa has to find a bit but she remains unexposed. I was eyeing her up as a potential Melbourne Cup chance but I can't see her amongst the entries. Not committed here yet.

Race 4
I've been driven nuts by Shea Shea he's cost me so much money but if he puts his best foot forward and his jockey doesn't screw up his chance (twice in G1's the rides have been atrocious) he can definitely win. There's isn't much between him and Sole Power on a head to head basis but maybe Sole Power has improved past him a little this year. I've got these two wrong every time I've got involved with them but I do think they are the two most likely here. There are a few capable of improving namely Take Cover, Hot Streak,Cougar Mountain and another money muncher G Force.
Probably doing something here but not committed yet.

Bets/Updates sent by Twitter during racing

No comments:

Post a Comment