Monday 10 February 2014

The Racing Year Ahead

I'm gradually getting back into the groove after a longer than expected break.I had a week's holiday in mid-January and them returned to a week of everything breaking down notably the air conditioning system.I live in the tropics and it's high Summer here so without air con the place is torture.It's working again now but not at 100% until a new part arrives.That coupled with a computer meltdown and the satellite box for the racing channels also going on the blink convinced me to extend my break from the racing.The last couple of days of January I was in hospital for a heart procedure.
February so far has been all catching up and getting up to date with all I've missed and it's harder work than it normally is if your completely involved every day.I haven't backed anything so far this month but I've managed to "lay" a few and only one has won so it's been ok.
I'll be implementing some changes gradually over the next few months and the first change is a more in depth early mail on the Victorian racing four to five days a week depending on the fixture list.
Tomorrow I'll be looking at the Mornington Cup meeting,Thursday Seymour,Friday Moonee Valley and Flemington on Saturday all of these will be complemented by regular afternoon/evening updates on Twitter.
It's full on now in Australia until early June and the UK flat season get's going gradually from the end of March but is in full swing from early May and just as Australia slows down for Winter it's Classic races and  Royal Ascot in England.
Looking forward to a very busy and profitable year.
Back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment