Tuesday 11 February 2014

Mornington Cup Day & Kensington Part One

Mornington Cup day and the track is a Dead 4 and it's dry and warm so expect an upgrade.The Kenso track is a Dead 4 and it's drizzly in Sydney so it may not upgrade.

Mornington

Race 1
Son Senoras looks plenty short enough at 1.50 although it's hard to find an alternative.Pass

Race 2
Riviera Red is six weeks between runs after a terrific effort when resuming.I don't like the gap between runs unless I know it's intentional and suspect in this case it may be.The booking of C.Williams suggest confidence and if he's ready to fire he'll be very hard to beat.He's a six year old having only his sixth run so that suggests there have been problems aplenty along the way.All his form is on dead or slower and it may be rattling quick here today.form wise he's well on top but I can't back him at 2.40 but couldn't oppose either.

Race 3
Present Arms deserves to be fav. here after a good run when caught out wide last time.3.30 is the top price and I think that's short.Plenty of hopes here and I wouldn't want to be betting here

Race 4
Shades of Bella is hard to assess accurately after a facile maiden win at Yarra Valley.Written was good winning her maiden and of the two I would marginally prefer her but this is a hard race to get an accurate handle on.

Race 5
Very hard race to assess with any confidence

Race 6
I rarely back 2-y-olds and I'm not interested here

Race 7
Not keen on anything here

I'll look at the last 3 races in a second blog sent in an hour or so.Tweets with late info throughout the afternoon


No comments:

Post a Comment