Friday 12 July 2013

Newmarket July Meeting-Day Two plus Ascot and York

Day two of the July meeting at Newmarket plus good racing from Ascot and York this afternoon.There are also two evening fixtures at Chepstow and Chester.Good to firm everywhere again today.
Only one bet yesterday but a nice winner well over the odds.Apologies for no tweets with anything else yesterday but I got engrossed in the Ashes Test which must have been a superb day out if you were lucky enough to be there.England is fantastic in the Summer when the weather is good and on days like yesterday I really miss being there at this time of year.
I'm struggling with this July meeting and I have no advised bets there again today.Good racing but makes no appeal betting wise.
Three afternoon bets today and a couple of possibles at Chester this evening which I'm undecided about at this stage but will send on Twitter if I'm playing.

Ascot

Race 3

Two lightly raced ones here that have the potential to improve a fair bit particularly now stepped up in trip.Caravan Rolls On is the more obvious and favourite but had Suegioo not run poorly last time I doubt the market would have them as far apart as it does.Suegioo is rated 6.0 on my figures so I'm happy to play with 9.0 plus currently on offer.

Advised Bet: Suegioo 0.80 units at 6.50 or better-take the 9.0 plus for 60% of the stake and monitor on Betfair with the balance


York

Race 2

Body And Soul has been very good to me over the last year or so.Last time she won at York there was strong early market opposition to her probably on account of the lively ground.She's very good in the wet and rain would have increased my confidence but she's got the job done before on dry tracks and she is still improving.She does have to take it to another level here but she is a pattern race filly in my opinion and at 6.0 in from 7.0 has to be worth a chance to prove it today.4.50 on my figures.

Advised Bet: Body and Soul 1.10 units at 4.80 or better.Take the 6.0 on offer for 60% of the stake and monitor on Betfair with the balance


Race 6

I'm keen on the chances of Maven here from gate 1 and with the 5lb claimer on board.She's due to rise 4lb in future handicaps and is in career best form right now.She can race prominently in a race with very little obvious pace and her record here at York is very good.Favourite clearly on my figures at 4.30 and 6.50 is on offer.

Advised Bet: Maven 1.15 units at 4.60 or better.Take the 6.50 for 50% of the stake and monitor on Betfair with the balance

No comments:

Post a Comment