Saturday 6 July 2013

Eclipse Day at Sandown plus rest of UK Racing

Perfect Summer conditions everywhere today and a really excellent day in prospect.
This day provided me with my three biggest punting milestones back in the "eighties".My biggest ever win came in the '87 Eclipse when Mtoto defeated Reference Point.My biggest winning day came exactly one year later on Eclipse day in '88.On that day I backed eight horses,seven of which won.I had my largest bet ever on that day on Highbrow in the Lancashire Oaks which was surprise surprise the only one of the eight to get beaten.I don't play at those stakes levels these days but I was young and flying back then at the end of a decade of business success and wild indulgence.Obviously it couldn't last and it didn't.Everything came crashing down in '89 and by 1990 it was back to the beginning and start again.
The Eclipse today is a good competitive renewal and I'm looking forward to it but will pass on it betting wise.Plenty I do like today and here's hoping for a good day.

Sandown

Race 3
Wentworth should have won the Brittania at Ascot.He draws wide here but will go back anyway and the pace here will be good.He can round them up in the last furlong.Rated 3.80 and available at 5.50

Advised Bet :Wentworth  1.30 units at 4.0 or better -take 50% at 5.50 and monitor on Betfair with the rest.


Race 4
Nargys was fantastic at ascot and clearly should have won.She some way ahead on my figures here rated 2.50. 3.0 plus available on Betfair.Woodland Aria is a rapid improver and a saver on her is advised.

Advised Bets: Nargys 2 units at 2.60 or better.Shop on Betfair but not too late.Saver 0.40 units Woodland Aria.

Race 6
Biographer will relish the two miles and I readily prefer him over Caucus.My rating 3.0 and available around 4.0.

Advised Bet; Biographer 1.65 units at 3.20 or better-shop on Betfair around 4.0


Haydock

Race 1
Keen Holley Shiftwell will be hard to beat here.Overcame difficulties when bolting up at Newmarket and more to come.Rated 2.80 and 3.50 plus on Betfair

Advised Bet: Holley Shiftwell 1.75 units at 3.0 or better-shop on Betfair around 3.80


Race 2
Albasharah was most unlucky at Ascot and should take care of these.Rated 2.50 and 3.0 available

Advised Bet: Albasharah 2 units to win at 2.60 or better.Take the 3.0 now

Race 4
Opinion was very impressive at Ascot and the one to beat here. my rating 4.40 and plenty of 5.70 plus on Betfair.

Advised Bet: Opinion 1.15 units at 4.60or better-shop on Betfair at 5.50 plus


Nottingham

Race 1
Weak Ladies race but Action Front makes some appeal at anything over 5.0.Ran well last time and good pace here will suit him.My rating 4.50

Advised Bet: Action Front 1.10 units at 5.0 or better.7.50 available looks big -take 50% of the 7.50 and monitor on Betfair with the rest


Carlisle

Race 5
Frog Hollow was left with too much to do in a slowly run affair last time.Decent pace here and he's the one to beat.My rating 3.60 and there is a little 4.50 generally 4.30

Advised Bet: Frog Hollow 1.35 units at 3.80 or better-take the 4.30 for 50% and monitor on Betfair with the balance

No comments:

Post a Comment