Friday 26 July 2013

Caulfield & Randwick today

Caulfield posts a Dead 5 but is dry and windy so there is a possibility that it will dry out to Dead 4 later in the day.Randwick is a Slow 6 but again a dry day so a possibility of a Dead 5 later.
I'm considering putting out an early blog for Saturday's Australian racing as the Caulfield selections have been smashed in early betting and there is no or very little value left in them now.Octavia (Race 5) was 5.0 early yesterday (3.80 after deductions for scratchings) against my rating of 3.30.She's 2.30 now against my readjusted rating of 2.60 so all the value has gone.Likewise I backed Committed at 7.50 yesterday (5.90 after scratchings) at and he's 4.40 now which is still a little value against my readjusted rating of 4.0 so I'll make him the first  advised bet:

Caulfield

Race 7
Advised Bet: Committed  1.25 units at 4.20 or better-monitor on Betfair


Race 8
Under The Eiffel is the percentage call here.Home track,good gate,ground fine and consistent performer with good recent form.Rated 3.80 and 4.50 is available.Koe is feared most.
Advised Bet: Under The Eiffel 1.30 units at  4.0 or better.Monitor on Betfair


Randwick

Race 6
Open race but Funtantes is surely overs at 17.0 (I took 21.0 yesterday).He's a rock solid performer and is no more than a 9.0 hope here.
Advised Bet Funtantes 0.55 units EACH WAY at 10.0 or better-Take the 17.0 win and 4.50 place on offer now

Race 7
Ghost Protocol is fully fit now and appeals most in a race which looks reasonably open but contains a couple in Lucrepitious and Iggy Pop (both around 5.0 ) that I'm always keen to take on.6.0 looks fair value against my 4.80
Advised Bet: Ghost Protocol 1.05 units at 5.20 or better-take the 6.0 on offer for 65% of the stake and monitor on Betfair with the balance.

Race 8

This chiefly concernes Eigelstein back 100m is a negative I think.Burbero back a 100m not as much a negative and Happy Hussy.I'm undecided at this point but will tweet if I'm betting around 10 mins prior to the race

No comments:

Post a Comment