Tuesday 12 March 2013

Weekend Round Up

Sadly no joy to report for the blog.Plenty looked appealing on Saturday with a record eight selections.Award Season kicked the day off well winning in Sydney but it was total frustration thereafter.Wall Street was held up the length of the Flemington straight before getting out very late and coming off third best in a tight finish.Streama managed second but was trounced by Steps In Time and was a bit plain I thought.Riva De Lago looked sure to win 300m out but just couldn't get past a determined Skytrain and went down a head.Mr Moet was hopelessly positioned turning for home in the Australia Cup and he did well to finish off strongly-the first two were dominant though so no real excuses despite another poor ride.Silent Achiever kept on well for fourth without ever really threatening so again no excuses there.Spirit Song rallied gamely after looking well held at the 200m to grab second in a very close three way finish.Star Of Giselle kicked for home at the 300m and clearly looked the winner but tied up late and was headed close home and had to settle for second.
Last week I reported that I'd had my worst week for months and I've followed that with an equally wretched week so the slump continues.All very frustrating with plenty running really well but just failing to land the spoils.I managed a couple of reasonable days on Sunday and Monday but that was operating on the "lay" side of the exchange.Massive work to be done to make this a worthwhile month but I'll be trying my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment