Tuesday 18 December 2012

ATC meeting at Gosford today

Tough and dissapointing Wednesday meeting at Mornington today so we'll pass there and go to the ATC meeting at Gosford which will be racing on good fast ground.

Race 2  No speed on paper here which complicates things.The step up to 1600m should suit Spurtonic but he raced off the speed when winning nicely last time at Newcastle where he looked suited by the big track.He's a Waterhouse horse so he may go forward here today.He's short at 1.85 I think although I think he is the most likely winner.Brannickers was sound enough last time for me not to sack her just yet.My figures here are 2.30 Spurtonic and 3.0 Brannickers so I've taken the 3.50 Brannickers.

Race 5  Excellent Point has been very good behind Pentasia in Saturday grade on his last 2 runs.Carmine King was also very good resuming and the extra 100m here will suit him.Forster has been backed but his reputation is stronger than his form at the moment and I'm happy to oppose him here.I have Excellent Point favourite here at 3.60 marginally over Carmine King at 3.80 whilst the current market has them the other way around.I'm on Excellent Point at 4.40 for 50% of my stake and I'll shop around with the rest.

Advised Bets

Gosford  Race 2    Brannickers 1.65 units to win at 3.20 or better (take the 3.50 available now)

Gosford  Race 5    Excellent Point  1.40 units to win at 3.80 or better ( take the 4.40 available now for 50% of the stake and monitor market on Betfair and try and shop for better with the other 50%)

No comments:

Post a Comment