Friday 30 November 2012

Caulfield and Warwick Farm Today

Apologies for no blogs this week but I've been busy updating computers and systems and it's been one hiccup after another.All done now and just a case of getting used to it.In truth it's been very average racing this week and I've only turned over a fraction of what I would in a normal week.Today is a bit thin on value too.
The blog had a very good Spring with last Saturday's 3 winners topping things of nicely.From today we are into Summer and I'll be giving selections with prices and staking from now on.Stakes will be set assuming a 100 point bank and we'll see how long it takes to double the bank.

At Caulfield the track is posted as a Dead 4 but may upgrade although when Sam Hyland walked it he reported it having decent give and that the inside was likely to chop out as the day progresses.With that in mind I am watching how this track plays today.A couple I was possible about here have low draws so I am passing on this meeting as far as early advice is concerned.

Warwick Farm is a Good 3 and with temperatures in the 30's don't expect any downgrade there even if they get a thundery shower or two.

Race 2   Office Bearer looked good winning at Moonee Valley last time and he'll be very hard to beat here.Evens is overs according to my figures (1.70) but he has had to travel up from Melbourne in the baking heat so that does make me cautious.Maybe he travelled up a few days ago.Probably pass here.

Race 4  If Moriarty can see out the 2200m trip he'll be hard to hold out here.The evidence is a tad conflicting as he looked suss at the trip on his penultimate start over 1900m then got home strongly last week over 2000m.I'll take the risk and I'll take the 2.70.

Race 8  I think there are 3 serious chances here.Disciple,Mecir and King's Dominion.I'm not overly keen on King's Dominion's attitude so that leaves us with the other 2.Disciple looked an improved horse when resuming when he was most unlucky.This is no harder and 4.6 is good shopping against my 3.70.Mecir ran well in a stronger race last week and the extra ground may help him here.he's the early favourite around 3.80 which is a tad too short for me.I think Disciple should be favourite.

Today's Bets

Warwick Farm Race 4    Moriarty 2 points win @ 2.70

Warwick Farm Race 8    Disciple 1.35 points win @ 4.60


No comments:

Post a Comment