Friday 9 January 2015

Magic Millions at the Gold Coast, Flemington and Randwick

This is the first blog of 2015 and I am slowly getting back into the swing of things after taking a few weeks away from the racing. I've also relocated and am back living in Melbourne now.
I had hoped to be back on top on things by now but wading through replays for days on end still doesn't leave me feeling I'm completely back in the groove just yet.
Magic Millions day up on the Gold Coast and this is not a meeting I can ever manage to get too enthused about despite the money that's on offer. I had a scan through the races there and it looks potentially a bookies benefit especially with a fair bit of juice in the ground. If your playing there today good luck but I'll definitely be staying out.
Tough cards at both Flemington and Randwick today both offering typical off season Saturday cards.
The only races that interested me today were races 5 and 8 at Flemington.

Flemington

Race 5
Quite tight and not easy to be confident but I thought Turnitaround's chance was every bit as strong as Lord Athernaeum and a bit stronger than Von Classic Hero. I'm not putting up any bets today as I'm not confident my figures are as accurate as I'd normally judge them to be but if I do end up backing anything today it will be this one.

Race 8
The Quarterback is definitely the one to beat here but 3.20 is a bit thin so I won't be playing at those odds. He was good at Flemington on New Year's Day. There looks to be enough pace here on paper to suit him but the pace on the straight course at Flemington doesn't always pan out how you think and it would be no surprise if they ended up going steady here. Passing.

Unfortunately I haven't got much of worth to pass on today but things will pick up soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment