Friday 30 May 2014

Oaks,Guineas & QTC Cup at Eagle Farm plus Sandown & Rosehill

Good at Eagle Farm but with a fair chance of some rain during the day so monitor conditions there.
Sandown posts a Dead 5 and it should be dry there so hopefully it will upgrade.Rosehill posts a Good 3 and showers in Sydney looks most likely to affect the coastal fringe so Rosehill should miss them.

Blackbookers engaged today are:-

Eagle Farm         R3   Akzar
                            R7  Khutulun

Morphetville       R3 Madog
                            R4 Aeratus

Rosehill               R5 Longshoreman

Sandown             R5 Griante
                            R6 Refulgent
                            R7 St Jean


Eagle Farm

Race 3
This is sure to be tactical and in those circumstances I don't want to be rushing into 2.60 for Akzar. I think he's the most likely winner but for me to be involved today I'd ideally like to see some rain and at least 3.0

Race 7
Arabian Gold is around 2.60 this morning and she's fully entitled to be favourite here. Thie trip worries me a bit with her though so I want to find so value away from her. Sancerre has had a couple of warm up's for this since coming over from NZ. She looks pretty useful and she's out of that quality NZ mare Vouvray by O'Reilly so she bred to do the job.I've backed her at 13.0 this morning.Khutulun has a bit to find on figures but she's definitely better than her form reads.She drawn badly and will have to go forward early to find a position.Melham does the steering and he's come back in fine form so  I backing her too now she out to double figure odds.

Advised Bets: Sancerre 0.55 at 9.0 (shortening) or better,Khutulun 0.45 at 11.0 or better (drifting)


Rosehill

Race 3
I thought Scatcat was the overs here at 8.50 against my rating of 6.0.Gets a good run behind the speed and her efforts in Melbourne have been OK for a race like this.Blackboard Special is promising but draws out and will be giving a start away

Advised Bet: Scatcat 0.85 units at 6.50 or better-take the 8.50 now

Race 5
Rugged Cross was atrocious last time.He's much better than that effort surely although I'm not sure he's one to have too much confidence in. He is clearly the one to beat if he returns to the form he's shown in Melbourne Longshoreman won really well last time and i still think there is a bit more to come from him. Adorabeel is promising but this is a big class jump
May play here but not committed yet.

Sandown

Race 7
Conceed there are not many you can fancy here and St Jean the obvious but I couldn't back him at 2.50 with the wide barrier to overcome. He's far too short I think. I wish Sacred Flyer had shown a bit more last time but I'm considering backing him.Not committed yet though.

Race 8
Onpicalo is clearly the one to beat from gate 1 but 2.0 is rock bottom.Stablemate Mighty Like must be a live chance after winning three on the trot although he's 5 weeks between runs so may need it today. The big overs is Upbeat at 18.0. I tweeted this through last night expecting him to shorten but the 18.0 is still there.My figures have him at 8.0

Advised Bet: Upbeat 0.60 units at 8.50 or better-take the 18.0 with Bet365 if you can get on

Two blackbookers running at Morphetville but passing on both.Aeratus is a risk at 1600m and Madog goes from a maiden to -72 grade.Both can win but I'm not playing

No comments:

Post a Comment