Saturday 17 May 2014

Lockinge at Newbury plus Newmarket & Thirsk

G1 Lockinge stakes at Newbury and it really does look Olympic Glory's race to lose.He's well clear of these on the book and if he returns in top form then he should be winning. Not a race to be betting in for me.
All three tracks are basically Good and Newmarket and Newbury may be a little faster than that as the day wears on.There are possible showers at Newmarket later so monitor the weather there.
Again only one bet today at the moment

Newmarket

Race 4
Valuable 3-y-o sprint handicap.Stomp looks a horse with a future and 3.75 may look a skinny price to be taking in a early season race like this but I'm happy to play at those odds as my figures have him at 3.0

Advised Bet: Stomp 1.65 units at 3.20 or better-I took 4.0 earlier but 3.75 is value.

I'm considering backing Mount Athos in the second race at Newbury but I'm not committed yet.There are another couple of possibilities and if there is anything else I'll send it via twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment