Wednesday 7 May 2014

Chester May Meeting-Day One-Cup Day

Successful punting isn't only about doing the form well. Striking the correct balance between being too cautious and too aggressive is essential. I've worked on disciplining myself over a lot of years and overall these days I'm happy I have the balance about right most of the time.Being able to focus totally on what your doing is also of great importance as outside irritations and distractions will put you off your game.
Today I woke up feeling dreadful and realized that I had fallen victim to the virus that has kept my teenage daughter off school this week. Feeling sicker and more irritable as the day wore on I had a bet mid afternoon that was just plain wrong.Easy to say perhaps afterwards when it's beaten but I'm sure on reflection that me 100% fit and focused would have passed on the bet. Just an example of how alert and focused you have to be to make sure you are ahead of the curve. Mistakes are usually severely punished and rightly so.
I've given myself a monumental bollocking and drop kicked the cat over the balcony to vent some frustration (only joking) and whilst I still feel shithouse my head is much clearer.

Chester May Meeting and Cup day.Good,Good to Firm in places is the morning reading but there are showers around and some rain is likely.
I don't usually have a lot of bets at this meeting but I usually find a handful that interest me over the three days. Just one early bet today and that's in the Cup

Chester

Race 3
Mubaraza returned gelded at Ripon last month and ran an excellent trial for this race finishing second to Angel Gabriel who re-opposes today on 3lb worse terms. The draw matters in this race despite the marathon distance and Mubaraza has berth 5 and Angel Gabrial has 11.It's a tight and open race as it usually is but at 6.0 I think Mubaraza is a point of overs-I have him at 5.0.If the rains come it won't bother him as he's effective on both wet and dry.

Advised Bet: Mubaraza 1 unit at 5.50 or better-take the 6.0 on offer now

Anything else today and updates sent via Twitter during racing providing I'm holding up ok

 

No comments:

Post a Comment