Monday 22 April 2013

Update

Apologies for no recent blogs.Health issues have me"hors de combat" at the moment.Most of this month has been spent in a blur although I've watched all the racing, reviewed the replays and kept my ratings and notes up to date.I haven't been able to concentrate sufficiently to do any serious form analysis due to the medication I've been taking so there is no point getting involved in those circumstances.My medication is being reviewed later this week so I'm hoping to be able to get back to something like normal sooner rather than later.
The UK flat season burst into life last week after a very stuttering beginning.I've always loved the Craven meeting but it's been a bit below par in recent years I thought.Not so this year with some really eye catching performances and it augurs well for a good season ahead.Last years' flat season was very tough (Frankel excepted) with wet ground almost a constant factor from start to finish.My number of back bets was down 63% from the previous year and POT on back bets a miserly 2.68%.In contrast I had far more lay bets and managed an good 14.84% POT on those.Thank heavens for Betfair.
News from the UK today is that a takeover bid for Betfair has been announced with the initial offer being rejected.With Ladbrokes recently taking control of rival Betdaq it's interesting times for the exchanges.Hopefully whatever transpires is good for us too!
I'm hoping I'm well enough to operate on Warrnambool next week as it's a great meeting generally for laying, especially if it's wet.That said I copped a real flogging there the year R. Smerdon trained numerous winners all backed off the boards and most of them improving lengths on recent form.



No comments:

Post a Comment